2013 Registration Information
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
Know what you’re in for – read the rules and racer information thoroughly. YOU MUST ENTER WITH TOTAL COMMITMENT. Entry is non-transferable & non-refundable. Failure to toe the starting line is a DNF. No Refunds, No Exceptions and Absolutely No Whining. Please take the time to read the registration instructions and get it right. Fees will apply if YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR TEAM RACER LINE UP OR we have to fix your registration for you!
FOR ALL RACERS
• Registration is only available online through PayPal
• FEES :
Adult Solo Entry: $350(+gst)/per person.
Relay Entry: $350 (+gst) per team member which works out to:
$700 (+gst) per 2 person team
$1050 (+gst) per 3 person team
$1400 (+gst) per 4 person team
$1750 (+gst) per 5 person team
Adult Solo & Relay Lottery Ticket: $10(+gst)/per submission.
Kids Race Entry $35(+gst)/per kid.
Training Camps: $100(+gst)/per person.
All fees in Canadian Dollars. GST is currently 5%.
For the registration of teams in 2013, there are some highlights to be aware of (same as 2012):
1. Teams will register as a single entity by the Team Captain, who will complete a single registration form and pay on behalf of all team members. Preview the registration form <click here> so you know what information you will need to register your entire team.
2. The Death Race Relay Division will only be accepting entries of teams as a whole (one entity). Team entry fees are as listed above. Once you have selected the team size that you wish to enter, that cannot subsequently be increased. Also if you subsequently wish to decrease the number of people on the team, there will be no refund for dropping to a smaller sized team.
3. Payments will only be accepted, for the full team on-line through PayPal. If you, as Team Captain, don't have an account, get one and ensure you have sufficient room on your credit card to pay the race registration fee. As the Team Captain, you will need to organize your team and payment.
4. There will be no refund of race registration fees under any circumstance. You enter the Death Race with total commitment.
5. Once you have selected a Team Name there will be no changes to the Team Name under any circumstances.
6. If a racer on you team is unable to participate, Team substitutions will be permitted using the Team Line-Up Change Form (opening June 1st). Also, if your team leg assignments need to be adjusted, (Leg 1 runner wants to switch with Leg 2 runner etc) you can do so via the Team Line-Up Change Form. An administration fee will be charged for such changes according to the following schedule:
June 1 to June 30 - $10
July 1 to July 21 - $25
July 22 to Thursday before the Race - $50
Changes on Race Weekend Friday - $150 (we cannot guarantee that this last minute change in the line-up will be accurately reflected in the preliminary results. Please make your changes as early as you can before the Race, or better yet get organized and stick with your original line up)
7. Team changes are entirely the Team’s responsibility. You must find your own substitution or assign one or more of your runners to do multiple legs if your team falls short. Such changes must be submitted via the Team Line-Up Change Form, subject to the admin charges listed above.
8. If you submit a Team Line-Up Change Form, we cannot guarantee that you will get the T-shirt you requested.
9. It is expected that the Team Captain (or designate) present to the Race Kit Pick Up on Friday before the race, on behalf of the team and pick up the entire Team’s race kits. Government picture ID (such as a driver’s license) is required to pick up your race kits.
10. All team members must review the <waiver>. The Team Captain or designate will present to Race Kit Pickup the Friday of the Race Weekend to pick-up on behalf of the team. (The Race Kit has the timing device, racer bibs (with waiver printed on the back), relay coin, T-shirts and an assortment of goodies).
2013 Registration for Kids and Soloists is essentially the same as 2012. Registration fees will only be accepted on-line through PayPal. Solosits and Kids are to come to Race Kit Pickup the Friday of the Race Weekend to get the The Race Kit (that has the timing device, racer bibs (with waiver printed on the back), relay coin, T-shirts and an assortment of goodies).
We anticipate that the Death Race will fill up quickly after registration opens. The Kids Race is limited to 250 runners and the Adult Race to 1400 runners. Have your stuff together so you can be quick at the keyboard. Let the Race begin!
• UNDER 18?
You must be at least 16 years old on Race Day to participate in the adult Death Race. If you are under 18 at the time of registration, a parent must read and agree to the <waiver> which will also appear on the back of the racer bib.
• TEAM CAPTAIN
Team Captains are the main contact for Race Management and is responsible for ensuring a correct, final line-up. We will assume the Team Captain speaks for the entire team.
• DON’T FORGET TO VOLUNTEER!
Racers who also volunteer are entered for a chance to win their race fees back and will be eligible for early bird entry into the following year's race.
Your registration is not complete until your name appears correctly on the RACE ROSTERS. Verify that your entry has been accepted and correctly listed. Each time you visit these pages, be sure to click the REFRESH button on your web browser to make sure you get the latest information.
Top 3 male & top 3 female Ages: 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79
RELAY: Female, male & mixed teams
Don't forget to visit our FAQ page.
Thank you for joining us. Train hard and good luck… you’re going to need it! REGISTER NOW! Click the links below to register for the North Face® Canadian Death Race!
<<YES, I've read the whole thing... LET ME REGISTER NOW!!!